Designed collaboratively by researchers and clinicians, the body weight support system was developed to optimize the relearning of the neuromuscular system of the patient while addressing the ergonomics of the therapist’s position in delivery of the therapeutic intervention.
- Developed for use on power treadmills and allows free hip movement
- Designed with two horizontal, one vertical, and two side handles in the rear for the physical therapist to help guide and assist the patient
- Provides maximum support and comfort for spinal cord and pelvic injury rehabilitation
- Designed and developed in conjunction with a medical study at UCLA Medical Center
- Preferred harness for spinal cord and pelvic injury rehabilitation physical therapy using power treadmill systems.